I went to a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend and the host was vegetarian and hostess was vegan, so I pulled out this recipe for “Baked Sesame Tofu” that my aunt gave me back in March. Apparently she’d been to a friend’s house for a party where this dish was served and so many people asked for the recipe that she sent it in their holiday card the following year. I decided it was the perfect dish to make for my friend’s party, and it was incredibly easy.
I don’t have a picture of the final product unfortunately – we cooked it on the grill last night and photographing the finished product was the last thing on my mind. I didn’t taste it either but I received lots of compliments so I think it was a hit. Here’s the recipe:
- Slice tofu block into ½ inch slabs.
- For the marinade combine 1tbs olive oil, 1 tbs sesame oil, 2 tbs apple cider vinegar, one tbs soy sauce (or tamari), ½ tbs sweetner (honey, sugar, etc), and salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Marinate the tofu for at least 3 hours (I marinated overnight).
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle each side with sesame seeds.
Happy Memorial Day!