So, here are a few fun facts about Matilda the Musical:
- There are eighteen (18!) kids in the show.
- They never had an invited dress, so one Matilda wouldn’t get the praise above the rest.
- The role of Matilda is the largest role ever written for such a young (and small) person (she carries about 90% of the show).
- There were no stops at the first preview tonight.
- The performance lasted two hours and forty minutes (and this is including the fact that they started a bit late too).
- The score (which I heard for the first time tonight) is still in my head. (This never happens.)
I’ll post my more formal-ish review after opening night. But for now: just go buy your tickets. You’ll thank me after it opens and tickets are no longer available, like what happened to The Producers (except this is way better – The Producers, IMO, was garbage).