I decided a couple of months ago to see if I could go stay with my aunt, uncle, and cousin at their house in Freeport, Maine for a weekend. They said “of course!” I took the train up to Boston on Thursday, where my aunt was in town for business, and we drove back together. Over the past four days I did:
- I learned “Imagine” on guitar, thanks to my uncle.
- Had two jam sessions including multiple guitars, a ukelele, and a mandolin.
- Went to yoga
- Baked super kick-ass peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars.
- Baked double chocolate chip cookies.
- Cooked Indonesian-style fried rice with vegetables.
- Went to see David Byrne & St. Vincent at the State Theatre in Portland.
- Burned a CD from my family of a ton of Guster songs.
- Shopped: I bought three bras ($47!), jeans from the Gap (originally $60, on sale for $22), and super cute sandals from Bass (originally $90, on sale for $37)… among a few other things.
- Played Clue (yes, the board game) for the first time in FOREVER.
- Two days in a row I slept until the exceedingly late hour of 9AM.
I had an excellent time. I’ll post pictures of food and the concert later. Now it’s back to real life!